17th Latin America PET Packaging, Polyester & Recycling Advances Summit
With consumers becoming more conscious about plastic usage & sustainability, more and more plastic bottles are being recycled. Will the supply of recycled PET flakes outpace demand? And how will it impact producers all along the polyester value chain?
The17th Annual LAPET Polyester & Recycling Mexico (LAPET) conference brings together recyclers, packaging companies and brand owners to figure out how the streams of polyethylene terephthalate will feed the growing, if sluggish, demand in North America.
Elliott Frisch of Nexant presents Global and North American PET Feedstocks Outlook. He paints the supply and demand picture for PET ingredients para-xylene, ethylene gycol monomer (MEG) and purified terephthalic acid. While the capacity for reducing bottles to these constituents via chemical recycling grows, so does the capacity to make the virgin materials. Read an abstract of Elliot's presentation here.
Other topics at the summit include:
- Outlook for PX-PTA Polyester Value Chain 2020
- Global & Mexican Brands on Sustainability Goals
- Confirmed speakers include PepsiCo, Unilever, L’Oréal
- Inter-regional competition for RPET content
- Chemical Recycling Reality
- BioPlastics Progress towards Circularity
- ECOCE’s 2019 Guidelines