Parties planning or investing in the electric power system face new challenges due to the ever-changing nature of the industry and the increasing pressure on network reliability. Related issues:
- Maximizing the capacity of aging transmission infrastructure
- Managing increasing amounts of intermittent, renewable generation
- Deploying Smart Grid technologies
By increasing the complexity of transmission investment decisions, these and other factors demand fundamental changes in the way transmission planning is done.
Nexant utilizes state-of-the-art technology to help our clients achieve maximum reliable usage of their electric power facilities in the most cost effective ways. We offer our customers tangible solutions to the management of their networks and the development of strategies for future investments. Nexant has supported clients in the following areas:
- Investment feasibility and economic analysis
- Congestion analysis
- Renewables integration
- System optimization studies
- Transmission planning strategy development
- Static power flow and dynamic system studies
- System black start studies
- Reliability and power quality studies
- Power system and dynamic data modeling
Nexant is recognized as one of the world's leading consulting and technology solutions providers to the energy industry. With expertise in the areas of transmission planning, operations, generation planning, and congestion management, Nexant is one of the few organizations with the capacity and experience to work alongside our customers as partners on every aspect of the industry's transmission planning processes.